Re: Disable installation new applications through Group Policy

On Mar 7, 8:53 am, jkalcic <jkal...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I need to lock my network workstations not giving to the user the
possibility to installa new application. Dying in GPO I found several keys
similart to what I need but they are not the right solution. What I actually
want to is disable *.exe installation at all.

Is this possbile?
--
Jan Kalcic
IT Consultant

Probably a question for Group Policy newsgroup. You can disable
any .exe files from being run, but this will more than likely not be
good for you because this stops any program that you use from being
run (all .exe programs). You can disable the Microsoft Installer from
being run, which will stop almost all programs from being installed
(unless the program being installed has it's own installer built in).
I would use this to do what you are trying to do, and then, if you
know certain programs that people are installing that have their own
built in installer, then you can block that specific installer in
group policy. Again, I would post this in the Group Policy newsgroup
for a better answer.

.