WGAPluginInstall.exe file?

I recently downloaded and installed a Windows update that led to
verification of my OS and which was followed by some other stuff that
I don't understand at all - WGA and etc.

Anyway, now I find in my download folder these files:
SP16025.exe, which I believe is a modem driver (Conexant V.90/56K...).
I don't believe that MS sent me that, and I'm not sure where it came
from. It scans clean with AVG. I am wondering if I need to install
this or not. I use cable for internet, but I might want to use a
telephone for something or other. What are your thoughts - should I
install it or delete it?

Also in the download folder are two copies of WGAPluginInstall.exe. I
assume this came with the OS verification stuff and didn't get
installed. Do you recomend installation or deletion.

Thank you for your advice.

  • Re: WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
    ... They guy has just directed you to download malicious or crapware. ... Update will not install and shows Error Code 80240016 - computer runs forever but nothing happens. ... - but Vista will not allow me to rename the folder even tho I am an Admin ... Stop the Windows Update service ...
  • Re: spyware not working
    ... You cannot really "download from a disc" - you could install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ...
  • Solution for 646
    ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Spyware doctor. Is it free?
    ... i want to install it at my home pc too. ... > Can I safetly download it at home. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... people out there who created AntiSpyware products that actually install ...
    (microsoft.public.security)