Re: Can't display "Display Properies"

Try these:

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\system32\desk.cpl | Click OK

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\system32\dllcache\desk.cpl |
Click OK

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\desk.cpl |
Click OK

On the second and third commands, only one may work. You should have one
folder, dllcache or ServicePackFiles but not both. Post back with what you
find.

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:AFFEC311-5275-4B30-9A40-F985F3858B0B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Mikey <Mikey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
Right-click doesn't show a drop-down menu from the desktop. In Control
Panel I click the Display icon. Nothing happens. From the Run command I
entered "desk.cpl". Again nothing happens. I'm up-to-date with Windows XP
Home SP2.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

.