Re: Can't display "Display Properies"

Try these:

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\system32\desk.cpl | Click OK

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\system32\dllcache\desk.cpl |
Click OK

Start | Run | Type or paste: %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\desk.cpl |
Click OK

On the second and third commands, only one may work. You should have one
folder, dllcache or ServicePackFiles but not both. Post back with what you

Hope this helps. Let us know.

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:AFFEC311-5275-4B30-9A40-F985F3858B0B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Mikey <Mikey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
Right-click doesn't show a drop-down menu from the desktop. In Control
Panel I click the Display icon. Nothing happens. From the Run command I
entered "desk.cpl". Again nothing happens. I'm up-to-date with Windows XP
Home SP2.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Resizing the C drive
    ... Are you referring to the DLLCache, ServicePackFiles, or something ... In my web page, and in all instances to date where I have checked, the entire C:\Windows folder on installs that are fresh or 3 years old, don't exceed 6GB. ... Now, in fairness, I WOULD make my C: drives 15-20 GB TODAY, but for a drive that's already in use, 12 does not bother me... ...
  • Re: Re: C:winntServicePackFiles
    ... You can remove a System Protected file from both dllcache and from System32 and if it is in ServicePackFiles SFC will find it there. ... >>> removing my current service pack and the folder takes a few ... File Protection is stored in the dllcache folder ...