Re: Hidden Files in Recycling Bin
- From: Pennywise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 16:46:26 -0800
woo124 <woo124@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A while ago, I posted question regarding deleted files being permanently
deleted rather than going to Recycling Bin. I think what's been happenning
is that those files WERE sent to Recycling Bin but as hidden files, so I
can't see them at all.
1) why is this behavior happenning?
2) how can I fix this? One way is to display hidden files, but I don't want
to run the risk of deleting files I shouldn't by accident.
Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E), under TOOLS, open Folder Options,
then the View Tab. Change these settings:
Select Display the contents of system folders
Select Show hidden files and folders
UnSelect Hide Extensions for known file types
Unselect Hide Protected operating system files (ignore popup)
- Prev by Date: Re: registry errors
- Next by Date: Re: Bogus memory usage
- Previous by thread: Undeletable File
- Next by thread: Best display/font setting for a 20" LCD?