Re: Hidden Files in Recycling Bin

woo124 <woo124@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A while ago, I posted question regarding deleted files being permanently
deleted rather than going to Recycling Bin. I think what's been happenning
is that those files WERE sent to Recycling Bin but as hidden files, so I
can't see them at all.

1) why is this behavior happenning?
2) how can I fix this? One way is to display hidden files, but I don't want
to run the risk of deleting files I shouldn't by accident.

Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E), under TOOLS, open Folder Options,
then the View Tab. Change these settings:

Select Display the contents of system folders
Select Show hidden files and folders
UnSelect Hide Extensions for known file types
Unselect Hide Protected operating system files (ignore popup)

--
Dice stacking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bDgO3_vRXQ&eurl=

  • Re: Cannot Import Other Address Book
    ... >>> Is MS Outlook also installed? ... >>> installing the Service Packto make sure the machine's fully ... > an advanced search and include Hidden Files and Folders in the search. ...
  • Re: NTVDM CPU
    ... regedit.com and regedit.* in the computer and on the registry separately. ... To display Hidden files and folders... ... Display the contents of system folders ... run Windows. ...
  • Re: Cannot Import Other Address Book
    ... installing the Service Packto make sure the machine's fully patched ... To view these files in Windows Explorer, ... Hidden Files and Folders via Start> Control Panel> Folder Options> ...
  • Re: NTVDM CPU
    ... should be concern about because "regedit" opens the regedit.com dialog ... To display Hidden files and folders... ... Display the contents of system folders ... run Windows. ...