Re: Faster way to "safely remove" USB drives?

You "should" use the small icon in the system tray (little green arrow) to turn off a USB device
before unplugging. This assures that the computer has a chance to quit writing to the drive (some
systems my hold of updating a device until there is a lull in work load). However the chances of
corrupting data are small if the light of the USB pen drive is out. Problem with some pen drives
is they wont release and you get a warning message several times before you can "safely remove" the
device.