RE: Recovery console

Andrew E. wrote:

At start up,immediatly tap the F8 key,select safe mode,enter as
administrator, in xp install xp cd,exit the menu page,go to
run,type:D:\i386\winnt32.exe
/cmdcons
D: being the cdrom with xp cd in it.

Go away, Andrew. You are a menace.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Installed app misbehaves when SMS runs MSI
    ... My name is Andrew Good and I work at the University of Plymouth in the ... Administrator) to workstations around the University. ... The problem arises when I use SMS Administrator to install the product ... from the MSI. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: loss of administrator rights.
    ... First off no one should be using Service Pack 1 anymore [I understand it is not your ... Otherwise I would consider an in place upgrade install of W2K which you can do by ... and then critical updates either from download or cdrom. ... > he did not have the Administrator rights even though he ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... Dr J renames "Network Neighborhood" to "My victims" ... Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. ... >>It ties in with MS 'Secure by design, secure by default, secure by ... >>been made members of the 'local administrator' group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: installation: HD not recognized
    ... Andrew - thanks for the response. ... the suggestion) and then inserted the Win XP install disk. ... Maybe something is hosed in the RAM or the CPU itself...? ... > recognized after the format. ...
  • Re: [WebStart] How can I change the location of the Web Start cache?
    ... > The webstart cache is normally installed per user, ... rather than having to install every new release on X ... Andrew Thompson ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)