Re: trouble with msconfig.exe

Msconfig - Corrupt
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

_

XXX_ wrote:

Hi there!
Can anybody tell me please how to reinstall msconfig.exe??
The original file has been renamed to msconfig.old (I don't know the reason why!... it's not my own PC), so I tried to copy a new msconfig.exe directly from Windows installation CD-Rom (it's Windows XP Home Ed.) using the comand: expand msconfig.ex_ c:\msconfig.exe, and then I put the file into the same folder as msconfig.old.
The problem is that WinXP doesn't recognize the new msconfig.exe! When I type Start\Execute: msconfig.exe [OK], Win keeps on searching for msconfig.old and asks me for an application to open it!!!
Also, I can't rename or delete msconfig.old.
Please help me!
THX

  • trouble with msconfig.exe
    ... The original file has been renamed to msconfig.old (I don't know the reason why!... ... it's not my own PC), so I tried to copy a new msconfig.exe directly from Windows installation CD-Rom using the comand: expand msconfig.ex_ c:\msconfig.exe, and then I put the file into the same folder as msconfig.old. ... I can't rename or delete msconfig.old. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: trouble with msconfig.exe
    ... The original file has been renamed to msconfig.old (I don't know the ... msconfig.exe directly from Windows installation CD-Rom (it's Windows XP ... I can't rename or delete msconfig.old. ... Be sure the machine is clean first: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: lots of _RBLDAxxxx after table rebuilt
    ... The rebuild utility does not rename the original file until the ... rename that rebuild does after it rebuilds the file. ... Just do like the rebuild utility would do and delete the original ...
    (comp.databases.btrieve)
  • Re: How can I do a 100% bullet proof Save?
    ... original file is left with the wrong name. ... of failure - namely the final rename. ... to rename the original file back to its original file name, ... fails. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: STILL Unable to use YUM to update
    ... John Moore wrote: ... I tried to rename it but it won't rename. ... result from an editor renaming the original file as a backup when saving ... If that backup file contains anything ...
    (Fedora)