Re: No Audio Device

j05h wrote:

How would i go about doing that?

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

Have you tried reinstalling your soundcard drivers?

To reinstall your soundcard drivers:

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. The older Aida32 is good for this, too.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.aumha.org/free.htm - Aida32 (hosted on Jim Eshelman's site)

But frankly, I think it is significant that everything worked until you
physically moved the machine. Moving the machine certainly wouldn't "shake
the drivers out"! ;-) I would first shut the machine off, unplug it, and
open the case. Reseat all the cards and connections so everything is snug.
Now see if it works.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User