Re: System Restore won't start

Hi,

Reinstalling System Restore should fix this.

Tips Fixes & FAQs : How do I reinstall System Restore?
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#ReinstallSR

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

RBT wrote:
I tried to run system restore and it says, System Restore Application
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience. It also gives Me the option to send error report
which I have a few times. If I try to access it from the system
properties window, it says Run a DLL as an App has encountered a
problem and needs to close, also giving Me the option to send an
error report. When I try to close system properties it says, End
program - rundll32.exe this program is not responding. I click end
now and it just sits there with an hourglass and after a few minutes
closes. I don't know when this problem started because haven't
checked system restore for a while. I am running XP Pro SP2 Retail.

  • Re: Fail to start, turn off and reinstall System Restore
    ... System Restore wizard and the same error message came out. ... I would suggest reinstalling System Restore. ... asked me to restart my computer and run System Restore again. ...
  • RE: system restore issue
    ... When to reinstall System Restore in Windows XP ... or change it and insert window xp pro service ... Reinstalling System Restore will delete all existing restore points. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore wont start
    ... Reinstalling System Restore should fix this. ... How do I reinstall System Restore? ... It also gives Me the option to send error report ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Fail to start, turn off and reinstall System Restore
    ... System Restore wizard and the same error message came out. ... I would suggest reinstalling System Restore. ... asked me to restart my computer and run System Restore again. ...
  • Re: System restore and accessories corrupt and/or missing
    ... Reinstalling System Restore should fix this. ... Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User ... > Here are the entries in Windows Error Reporting via msinfo. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)