Re: Genuine Windows XP

"Failing WGA doesn't make the Windows illegit."
I never said either way about WGA, but you often seem to need others to say
things they did not.

There is insufficient information from the OP to determine if hers is
legitimate.
But indications are it is pirated since she already suggested she has a
pirated Product ID.
The link she used to determine a fix was to purchase, has nothing to do with
WGA.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:

Do those options make Windows XP legitimate?
If the option only stops the message, that does no more to make
Windows legitimate than changing the locks on a home and say it is
yours since you now have easy access.

LOL! Failing WGA doesn't make the Windows illegit. I've seen legit
Windows fail WGA, and I've seen pirated Windows pass WGA. WGA means
absolutely nothing when it comes to determining the legitimacy of Windows.

--
Peace!
Kurt Kirsch

  • WARNING LONG - Brian Livingstons take on Windows Genuine Advantage
    ... Genuine Advantage is Microsoft spyware ... Some tech writers have said categorizing WGA as spyware is arguable. ... It causes serious problems for some legitimate Windows users and was sprung on customers with no notice other than a press release the day before. ... If an instance of Windows doesn't seem to have a valid license, display notices to the user and prevent any updates being downloaded from Microsoft.com except security upgrades that are rated "Critical." ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: non-genuine version of windows- how do I get this resolved
    ... All of a sudden, on startup, I get an error message that tells me that the version of Windows that I am running is not genuine. ... Some tech writers have said categorizing WGA as spyware is arguable. ... If an instance of Windows doesn't seem to have a valid license, display notices to the user and prevent any updates being downloaded from Microsoft.com except security upgrades that are rated "Critical." ... Then it wanted me to install the second one again. ...
  • Re: Windows Genuine Advantage - Big Brother is watching you
    ... Microsoft Provides Additional Clarity About Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications ... Some tech writers have said categorizing WGA as spyware is arguable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • REMOVE WGA
    ... Remove Xp Sp2 Wga Windows From ... Wga How Version To Remove Genuine ...
    (sci.chem.electrochem)
  • WGA - the most recent phase
    ... Microsoft has bowed to public pressure, releasing a version of WGA that no longer validates Windows using a server-side configuration ... Responding to pressure from irked Windows users, Microsoft released an updated version of its antipiracy program on Tuesday that changes the frequency with which the program checks for pirated or counterfeit copies of its client operating system. ... "Our customers have told us that they were disappointed with their WGA Notifications experience, and we have made an effort to improve that with this update," a company representative said in a statement. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)