Re: Disable cache of the browser

For general info, Opera 8.52+ has an option to "Turn Off' all
disk caching.

"bionicthumb" <bionicthumb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What makes you think the problem is related to the browser cache? You can
clear the Internet Explorer cache by clicking on Tools->"Internet
Options..."
and then on the [Delete Files...] button under "Temporary Internet Files".
Click [OK].

You can also force the browser to check for a new page each time you visit
web site by clicking on Tools->"Internet Options..." and then on the
[Settings...] button under "Temporary Internet Files".
Select the "Every visit to the page" radio button.

It is not possible to completely disable the browser cache.

"Qnguyen" wrote:

I set up a website using a IP address defined by DNS on my server. then I
can
not browse this website on my computer desktop. It is sucessful to browse
on
another computer. I think the problem with my cache set up for my
browser.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

  • Re: Squid Overkill? (Speed Up Web Surfing)
    ... Each user's browser already maintains a cache of web ... Squid cache. ... The first local user to access a web site on a distant web server will ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • RE: Avoid Cache in Mobile Web Page
    ... page in the cache, but the problem is how if there are so many different ... > mobile internet tool kit and ASP.net. ... > I have tried every code or script,but it didn't work.I think the answer is related with machine configjust like Simon Calver said. ... More specifically do you know the browser and version on ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile)
  • RE: Disable cache in mobile Web Page
    ... page in the cache, but the problem is how if there are so many different ... > mobile internet tool kit and ASP.net. ... > I have tried every code or script,but it didn't work.I think the answer is related with machine configjust like Simon Calver said. ... More specifically do you know the browser and version on ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile)
  • Re: Problem forcing pages not to cache.
    ... Any browser that refuses to honor any of them won't listen to you anyway as regards to caching. ... It wouldn't hurt, however, to try to do cache control at the level where it logically belongs, namely HTTP level, in HTTP headers. ... this could be effective against some proxy caches (which won't even look at any tags). ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Is there any way to download a zone install separately?
    ... > I use HistoryKill to clear the cache completely each time I close the browser. ... > If my ISP has old files, what could I do about that until they get around to ... unless there's a separate Zone download. ...
    (microsoft.public.games.zone)