Re: Repair is asking for Admin Pasword. There is none on computer

onemulligan wrote:
Something happened and I can't start the computer. Says Windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt. I try to get to the repair option but it asks for a Admin Password. There is no password on this computer. What can I do to fix this so I can do the repair? Thank you

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues;en-us;822705

The password being requested is that of the built-in
_Administrator_ account, not the password for any other administrative
user accounts that the computer's owner may have created. Unless the
owner deliberately set the Administrator's password via the Management
Console (_not_ the Control Panel), it's probably still blank. WinXP
Pro asks the installer to set the Administrator's password during
installation, but WinXP Home doesn't.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin