Re: Order by name numeric name files in explorer with xp sp2
- From: "Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:36:34 +0100
To change the sort order back to Pre-XP, import the registry file found
Change the Sort Order back to Pre-XP (Line 107)
To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click
it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in
Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.
The machine needs to be rebooted for these changes to be effective.
I have xp pro sp2 and I would like to order files with numeric names like it
did in other versions of windows using explorer.
in windows 2000 the file 121.txt is shown first in explorer than the file
13.txt when I order it by name.
In wxp sp2 the file 13.txt is shown first than the file 121.txt.
I suppose that it is in that way because when xp order the files takes in
consideration that the number 13 is lower than the number 121.
Is there any way of dissability that functionatilly in windows xp and order
files like in w2000 or w98.
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
- Prev by Date: How many directory levels are too many?
- Next by Date: Re: windows activation limit
- Previous by thread: Order by name numeric name files in explorer with xp sp2
- Next by thread: Re: Order by name numeric name files in explorer with xp sp2