Re: Order by name numeric name files in explorer with xp sp2

Hi,

To change the sort order back to Pre-XP, import the registry file found
here:

Change the Sort Order back to Pre-XP (Line 107)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click
it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in
Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

The machine needs to be rebooted for these changes to be effective.

Chufo wrote:

Hi,
I have xp pro sp2 and I would like to order files with numeric names like it
did in other versions of windows using explorer.
Example:
in windows 2000 the file 121.txt is shown first in explorer than the file
13.txt when I order it by name.
In wxp sp2 the file 13.txt is shown first than the file 121.txt.
I suppose that it is in that way because when xp order the files takes in
consideration that the number 13 is lower than the number 121.

Is there any way of dissability that functionatilly in windows xp and order
files like in w2000 or w98.

--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting, Porsgrunn Norway
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: sort file name in different order from Win2K and Win9X!!
    ... The Sort Order for Files and Folders Whose Names Contain Numerals Is ... Different in Windows XP Than It Is in Windows 2000 ... Save the REG File to your hard disk. ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Order by name numeric name files in explorer with xp sp2
    ... To change the sort order back to Pre-XP, ... in windows 2000 the file 121.txt is shown first in explorer than the ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: List of files and subfolders in Windows sort order?
    ... This is the sort order I want (this is the order in Windows XP Explorer): ... And this is the sort order that Word 2003, Excel 2003, the command prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Registry change to alter sort order
    ... Incorrect Sort Order in Windows Explorer in Windows XP ... The sorting method is changed in Windows XP. ... a NoStrCmpLogical entry. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Files not sorted properly in Open File(s) Dialog box
    ... Is there a Windows registry key that controls this? ... it to sort on NAME in ascending order. ... Are you aware that you can change the sort order by clicking on the ... heading a second time to reverse the sort order from ascending to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)