Re: New hard drive

I would disconnect the power cable from the slave drive.

Try booting to the XP CD and see if the wireless mouse and keyboard work.
--
Ron Sommer

"Jim" <jmcconaughey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'll be reinstalling Windows XP Home.

Jim

"dave xnet" <davexnet02DEL@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:22:04 GMT, "Jim" <jmcconaughey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I need to replace my primary hard drive. Do I need to take the slave out
when I format the new drive, or is it OK to leave it in since there will
not
be an OS on it? Also, does anyone have any experience with doing this
with
a wireless keyboard and mouse? Will I need a "wired" setup to get going?

Thanks!

Jim

Are you reinstalling windows on the new drive or are you
"ghosting" your old to the new?

Dave

  • Re: eeePC 900 && turning off wireless (ath0)
    ... Yesterday I did some tests with my eeePC 900 to see how long it would ... it seems that turning of the wireless ... booting in the boot loader countdown; ... this only works after booting. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: boot finish hold off?
    ... wait for her laptop to finish booting and connect ... her wireless connection. ... It's relatively easy to build a delay into a script, ... But mostly, give the person finite, clear and concise rules for startup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: BT Broadband and Linksys Router
    ... Ok what I have done because of too many cables is now go for a wireless ... router/modem and all seems well.. ... getting low -very low signals. ... "Ron Sommer" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Wireless does not work
    ... processor...i installed fedora 6 and everything works apart from wireless ... and dvd, ... When booting, it says that "the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Strange Wireless Connection
    ... >A Co-Worker has wireless lan built into his laptop. ... When booting up his ... > computer, in his office, he always gets a conncetion to a wireless network ... He always closes the connection. ...
    (alt.computer.security)