Re: New hard drive

I would disconnect the power cable from the slave drive.

Try booting to the XP CD and see if the wireless mouse and keyboard work.
Ron Sommer

"Jim" <jmcconaughey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'll be reinstalling Windows XP Home.

"dave xnet" <davexnet02DEL@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:22:04 GMT, "Jim" <jmcconaughey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I need to replace my primary hard drive. Do I need to take the slave out
when I format the new drive, or is it OK to leave it in since there will
be an OS on it? Also, does anyone have any experience with doing this
a wireless keyboard and mouse? Will I need a "wired" setup to get going?

Are you reinstalling windows on the new drive or are you
"ghosting" your old to the new?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: eeePC 900 && turning off wireless (ath0)
    ... Yesterday I did some tests with my eeePC 900 to see how long it would ... it seems that turning of the wireless ... booting in the boot loader countdown; ... this only works after booting. ...
  • Re: boot finish hold off?
    ... wait for her laptop to finish booting and connect ... her wireless connection. ... It's relatively easy to build a delay into a script, ... But mostly, give the person finite, clear and concise rules for startup ...
  • Re: BT Broadband and Linksys Router
    ... Ok what I have done because of too many cables is now go for a wireless ... router/modem and all seems well.. ... getting low -very low signals. ... "Ron Sommer" wrote: ...
  • Re: Wireless does not work
    ... processor...i installed fedora 6 and everything works apart from wireless ... and dvd, ... When booting, it says that "the ...
  • Re: Strange Wireless Connection
    ... >A Co-Worker has wireless lan built into his laptop. ... When booting up his ... > computer, in his office, he always gets a conncetion to a wireless network ... He always closes the connection. ...