Re: Severe explorer.exe problem - NEED HELP

Thanks David, I'll try that. I've never heard of the site you are referring
to, but I will use it from now on, regardless if that is the problem or not.

A few things I forgot to mention though...

I did check to make sure the explorer.exe was in the root folder and NOT in
the system32 folder which would indicate a virus.

As for running in Safe Mode, at the moment, I am unable to boot into SM. I
have a rather unusual hardware configuration with a SOYO MB that refuses to
boot to my raid drives - it freezes at the DMI Pool Data (searched everywhere
for weeks for an answer to that one). The MB is a Dragon Ultra and the drive
attached is a WD 200GB, so its not a problem with old or no-name hardware. I
upgraded the bios and that did not resolve the issue either. So, as a work
around, I keep the WinXP Pro CD in the drive and the system boots using the
CD. It has worked for the past year, but, as I said, I cannot boot into safe
mode (F8 starts the install from the CD) - actually works as a security
messure too... I take the CD with me and the system won't boot! LOL

Anyway, I'll post again after I run a few more virus scans.

.