Re: No results from ipconfig

"Jet" <Jet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:32B5A487-1ACD-4509-90AA-3574F166BEE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi, I'm trying to add a second computer (running XP Home) to my wireless
> network. To do so I need to add it to my ZoneAlarm firewall. To do this I
> will need it's IP address. I'm running ipconfig on the second computer
from
> the command line but I'm not getting any results.
>
> From the start menu I select Run and then type in ipconfig and hit enter.
> The windows dialog box (if that's what you call it) briefly appears but
> before I can see the results it shuts down. I even tried redirecting the
> output to a file but nothing is going into the file.
>
> Any ideas on what is shutting down the dialog box? It's maddening!!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jet

Ipconfig.exe is a command line utility that must be run
from a Command Prompt so that you can see its output:
- click Start / Run
- Type cmd {OK}
- Type ipconfig /all {Enter}

  • Re: Remote Desktop
    ... ipconfig /all> c:\test.txt ... Why do you have two NICs on your home PC? ... I will gladdly post the out put of the command prompt if you can remind me ... and then you don't tell us that you have multiple network ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: get the ip address and map a drive according to IP
    ... I need to write a DOS program which issue a command to run IPCONFIG to ... get the IP address then issue a net use command to map a drive on the ... on the network I need to map to, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: IP ADDRESS
    ... duplicate IP addresses are not acceptable in a network. ... You can find your PC's IP address by opening a command prompt and typing ... IPCONFIG, then hitting return. ...
  • internet connection info
    ... OK I see start run cmd then ipconfig /all. ... >>What is the command in run to get the info on the ... >>Thanks Sammy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with Zone alarm and Network
    ... > I have just downloaded zone alarm and it works fine on my main computer, ... > but now my second computer connected on a network, ... Type winipcfg in Win98 Run command. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)