Re: Genuine Advantage Tool - "version unsupported" error

Alex Hunsley wrote:

Alias wrote:

Alex Hunsley wrote:

I'm trying to download the microsoft SyncToy. The MS site insists on me validating my (legal) copy of windows, but when I run the genuine advantage program you get from their site I get the following dialog:

"This version of the Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported. Please download the newest version and ensure that your system clock is accurate"

Given that I'm running the current version, straight from the microsoft site, I somehow doubt I have an old version. And my system clock is A-ok.
Any ideas anyone?

thanks
alex

Try going to Windows Update and downloading WGA there.

Alias

Thanks, the version there seems to be an activeX control rather than a download, and it worked...

cheers
alex

You're welcome. Glad I could be of some help.

Alias
.