Re: Outlook Express hangs on connecting

Recent NIS (and, dare I say, NAV) updates have created a massive amount of problems for many users, Neil.

YW.  /Hopefully/ you've kept Email Protection disabled.
--
~PA Bear

Neil UK wrote:
I said I would get back to you: I switched off the email scanning. I also
attempted to use your advice on creating a new identity. Frankly, without
your expertise, that exercise created such confusion that I found it
necessary to use System Restore to go back to yesterday.

Ultimately, the monthly Windows Update was downloaded and installed. After
rebooting I had no problems with email connecting hang.

Then I checked Norton Live Update and found that the security downloads
that I had installed previously were now (because of System Restore, I
presume) back in space waiting to be downloaded and installed a second
time. So I did, and then rebooted and then the email system hung on
Connecting.

So I bit the bullet and uninstalled NIS 2005, plus Live Update plus Norton
Security Centre. I then spent a long time reinstalling NIS 2005, followed
by downloading 38MB of general updates, which were also installed. After a
reboot, there was no problem. Everything worked fine.

My regards and thanks to all who answered this thread.

.