Re: Remove "Control Panel" from "My Computer" in Windows Explorer

Wesley,

You'd think that would do the trick, but it seems to have no effect at all.
So far I have been unable to detect a pattern. Sometimes it's shown,
sometimes it's not. I have to switch back and forth between 800 x 600 and
1024 x 768 and it's not consistent when it shows and when it doesn't, whether
I reboot or not.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Open Folder Options...
> Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
> View tab | Scroll down to and UNCheck: Show Control Panel in My Computer |
> Click Apply | Click OK
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:A32ED0D9-A934-4FAF-A3C6-074A83D903D9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Dij <dijatcox.net> hunted and pecked:
> > Sometime today, the listing under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer has
> > changed from listing only drive (floppy A, hard drive C, and CD-RW E),
> > shared files, and Liz's documents to listing "Control Panel" with the
> > other items. I did not do anything that I'm aware of to put it there, and
> > the checkbox under Tools, Folder Options, View for "display Control Panel
> > under My Computer" is NOT checked. I have tried checking and unchecking
> > it, rebooting, using GoBack to go back to the settings in effect when I
> > booted the computer this morning, to no avail.
> >
> > How do I get rid of "Control Panel"? I'm taking screen shots for a flash
> > demo and when I did the first set "Control Panel" wasn't there. I want the
> > new screen shots to match.

  • Re: How to access NTFS file and directory security features
    ... Go to Control Panel> Folder Options> View and uncheck ... "Use Simple File Sharing" and click "Apply". ...
  • Re: How to access NTFS file and directory security features
    ... Go to Control Panel> Folder Options> View and uncheck ... "Use Simple File Sharing" and click "Apply". ...
  • Re: Finding "normal.dot" in folders and files
    ... Operating system, Control panel, Folder Options, View, Uncheck "Hide ... D Wilson wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Why shortcut error message?
    ... I got into the folder options and checked both HTM and HTML. ... DDE was checked on both of them so I unchecked DDE on both. ... Double check the information under extension for the file type Internet Shortcut, extension for the URL File types, and also extension HTM and HTML by clicking on the file type and clicking the advanced button. ... As an easy way you can fix it if nothing looks off is to uncheck the option to "Use DDE" Best of luck :-) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Active links in outlookexpress