Remove "Control Panel" from "My Computer" in Windows Explorer

Sometime today, the listing under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer has
changed from listing only drive (floppy A, hard drive C, and CD-RW E), shared
files, and Liz's documents to listing "Control Panel" with the other items. I
did not do anything that I'm aware of to put it there, and the checkbox under
Tools, Folder Options, View for "display Control Panel under My Computer" is
NOT checked. I have tried checking and unchecking it, rebooting, using GoBack
to go back to the settings in effect when I booted the computer this morning,
to no avail.

How do I get rid of "Control Panel"? I'm taking screen shots for a flash
demo and when I did the first set "Control Panel" wasn't there. I want the
new screen shots to match.

  • Re: Lost Control Panel
    ... Went to "REGEDIT" and followed advice to find the DWORD ... for the control panel and there was not such listing. ... HOWEVER---I ran the first suggestion you had again and set ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Remove "Control Panel" from "My Computer" in Windows Explorer
    ... Right click on the taskbar, select properties,click on the start menu tab, ... under the control panel heading put the dot in the "don't ... the listing under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer has ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Tweakui
    ... >> I have the xp power toy Tweakui installed, I have a listing for it in the ... >> can someone tell me how to get it into control panel. ... >> MiniMe ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Add or Remove Programs List doesnt look right
    ... When opening the "Add Or Remove Programs" dialog (under Control Panel), ... there seems to be a problem with the way the dialog shows the listing of ... TIA. ...