Re: Does clean install of XP kill all malware?

Sorry Kerry but the computer was not, I repeat not, connected to the
internet.
This OS was Win2000.
I reinstalled three times, and at the last try I did a format of the
harddisk. The virus persisted.
I am no expert, but after three clean installation of an OS I thought any
virus was gone.

I then learned that this version of the virus only infected Win2000
computers.
Therefore I, in the early morning hours, begat a clean install of my
private WinXP, and then a clean install of Win2k.
That made the virus go away.

All this with no connection to the web!
I do not connect to the web before an updated viruskiller service is
established and working.
--

Regards
Zadig Galbaras