Re: Looking for an ICON (ico) Collection - Esp one that has letters A - Z

Try these sites.
(Not recently checked)

Desktop Icons -
http://download.com.com/3150-2318-0-1-1.html?legacy=cnet
dotico.com cool icons - http://www.dotico.com/
Free icons cursors and icon libraries. -
http://www.aha-soft.com/iconlibs.htm
Freeware Icon Library - http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On 16 Jul 2005 19:05:33 -0400, adykes@xxxxxxxxx (Al Dykes) wrote:

>I've gottten into putting special icon on shortcuts on my task bar. I
>have a machine with several hard disks. I'd love to put iconic "E:",
>"F:", etc on the shortcuts to the partitions, if I can find letters as
>icons.
>
>This sounds like an obvious hack. Has anyone done it ?
>
>I know how to make 16x16 ico files but they look ugly. I'd like to
>find something slicker.
>

>Any pointers ?
>
>Thanks

  • Re: systray icons
    ... Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User] ... I noticed that the "Hide inactive icons" arrow does not ... sometimes have to reboot more than once in order to see all the icons. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: toolbar icons
    ... I already mentioned Favorg as you may see if you read my response. ... Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems ... >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems ... >>>icons, some with the standard IE icon. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: generic icons as toolbar links
    ... Favicons are only temporary until cleared from your cache. ... Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems ... >practically all the icons on my links toolbar in ie6 are generic explorer ...
  • Re: Fraud.Windows.ProtectionSuite
    ... PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: ... It found nothing but was run in Safe Mode. ... normal mode and still no icons open programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: remove default shortcuts word 2007 my places bar
    ... It always was an annoyance that you could only move the icons a step at a time. ... Herb Tyson MS MVP ... Please respond in the newsgroups so everyone can follow along. ... move them up to just below Trusted Templates (albeit not ABOVE Trusted ...