- From: glade_photographic <gladephotographic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:25:33 -0700
Thanks for all your helpon this, the situation so far is this:
I have run all the progs sugested but no good. Every time i restart its back
in the windows directory and as a hkey_ type entry. When i try to delete the
file in the windows directory it says it may be write protected etc. Also i
have tried to move the file to a diferent directory and renamed it but then
when windows starts it says it cant find xpupdater02.exe and does not start
up my desktop or icons in the bottom bar correctly. This means I have to move
the file back into windows and double click on it again to enable windows to
Pulling my hair out now.
Tried restore from over a month ago but no different, the file says 08 2004
so i cant restore back then.
Am i looking at a wipe clean of the hard disk and re-install?
Any help appreciated. Many thanks.
> I have been having some problems with the above file found in windows
> directory. AD-AWARE reports this as a vunerability but norton scans says no
> infections. Is this file legitimate or a virus or something else. Many thanks.
- From: glade_photographic
- Prev by Date: Re: start up programs
- Next by Date: Re: How many processes are to many?
- Previous by thread: Re: xpupdater02.exe
- Next by thread: NTFS Chkdsk and Unknown Hard Error