IE Script Errors, Missing Images

I am at my wits end. I have asked other forums for advice, followed it and
haven't gotten anywhere.

The problem is: I continually get the following error...

Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 28
Character: 9
Error: No such interface supported
Code: 0

Further, on just about every page I go to, images are missing. All I see is
a blank box with the red x in the upper corner. It's causing problems when I
need to download something, because I can't see any button to push.

I ran sfc /scannow and let it fix everything, updated my java script,
turned off my hardware acceleration, and a few more things I just can't put
my finger on right now.

Could this be some type of security setting? Or, am I missing part of some
program?

I'd welcome any/all suggestions. I'm getting so frustrated!!!

Thanks!
.