RE: No access to security center

Not that simple. When I open security center, I get security center is
unavailable because it has not been started or is stopped.When I go to
administrative services there is no security services listed.

"steve" wrote:

> security centre lives within control panel
> --
> there are no problems, just challenges
>

> "Grammie" wrote:
>
> > For some reason I have no security center services listed in my
> > administrative services list so I have no control. I Know the firewall is
> > there, but I can't acess it. I have windows xp home edition and have
> > installed sp2. Can any one help.

  • Re: Cant disable firewall in XP SP2
    ... I access the FW control thru control panel which is the ... same app as the one accessed from the Security Center. ... I followed Steve Bruce's suggestion and tried disabling ... disabling the firewall there also had no effect. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AU - Cannot change selected date and time
    ... > Control panel and re-open the Security Centre. ... Control panel, Security Shield, ... They are Group or Local Policy Settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows security alerts
    ... Joe Thanks for your replying, but my problem seems to with the Automatic ... Updates. ... In the Control Panel I clicked on Security Center and the RUNDLL ...
  • Re: Help with security center and firewall
    ... I unistalled my Norton Internet Security and it seems that it took ... > the control panel to turn on my windows firewall and I get this message: ... > So I then go to the Windows Security Center in the Control Panel. ... > opens up with the message: ...
  • Re: AU - Cannot change selected date and time
    ... "Security Centre" and then click on the option at foot "Automatic Updates". ... Control panel and re-open the Security Centre. ... They are Group or Local Policy Settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)