Duplicate icons on desktop

I am having problems with all the icons on my desktop appearing twice,
i have looked for some way to solve this on the internet but without
any success so far. I belive the problem was caused by moving entrys
around in my start > programs menu to stop it taking up so much space,
i have had this make things in the startup folder start twice before. i
have tried deleting and replacing all my icons, but it just makes
duplicates of them after refreshing.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, its very
annoying!

  • Re: More on space stuff (questions).
    ... but because the matter that was previously there has ... matter which is twice as far away is moving away twice as fast, ... icon has doubled its distance to the other two icons (and the two icons ... need one of these new bendy, stretchy screens, which haven't been ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Appearance issue in Windows XP
    ... -Desktop tab ... -Uncheck all items and click OK twice. ... Uncheck Lock icons: ... Enable 'Use Drop shadows for icons': ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Appearance of Desk Top Short cut
    ... -Desktop tab ... -Uncheck all items and click OK twice. ... Uncheck Lock icons: ... Enable 'Use Drop shadows for icons': ...
  • Re: Blue highlighted text under desktop icons