Re: XP unable to load "personal settings"

Hi,

Sounds like your user profile was corrupted. If this is the case, there is
little you can do to recover it. Instead, logon as administrator and create
a new profile for yourself. Then copy the old profile's data into it using
the procedure outlined here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

--
Best of Luck,