Re: Problem located with msconfig...how to delete?

"Dan" <Dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "Dan" <Dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >I have an error message at startup ".dll file not found". Using
>> >msconfig, I
>> > was able to startup selectively by unchecking that string. How do I
>> > locate
>> > and delete that string so I can go back to General (not selective)
>> > startup?
>>
>> To remove disabled items from the startup list in msconfig delete
>> unwanted subkeys of
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSConfig\startupfolder
>> and/or
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
>> Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
>>
>> You must edit the registry. Start>Run and type regedit. Then navigate
>> those keys listed above.
>>
> Checked both - the folders are empty save for the (default). Now what?

That should have done the trick. Is there still an unchecked item in
MsConfig under Startup?

--
William

  • ATI HotKey Poller Service - what is it?
    ... proper way to use msconfig - startup tab. ... The Tech had me go into msconfig and click on the SERVICES tab, ... I don't know what unchecking these items did but I looked in control ...
  • RE: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED
    ... | Subject: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • MSCONFIGs Startup tab and Memory Leaks
    ... startup tab) causes memory leaks. ... subjecting your system to memory leaks. ... using MSCONFIG as a startup manager causes memory leaks. ... entry points and memory management in a program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: CPU max out @ 100% high mem useage. due to Services.exe
    ... at the last tab at the top of the "MSconfig window" please goto the ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • RE: Win2000 shutdown problem
    ... at the last tab at the top of the "MSconfig window" please goto the ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)