Re: Java Web Start

Hi George,

Thank you for posting. Also thanks for all reply.

>From your post, my understanding of this issue is: How to prevent SUN JRE
from downloading without permission. If this is not correct, please feel
free to let me know.

Please understand that SUN JRE is not a Microsoft Product, you can get more
help from SUN technology support. such as Java Forums or User Groups:

http://java.sun.com/community/index.html

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web
site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or
information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any
representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any
software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use
of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make
sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software
from the Internet.

Therefore, I just provide some general advice on this issue:

1. If you don't need SUN JRE, you can uninstall it simply.

2. Try some configuration in your firewall software to stop SUN JRE from
accessing network.

3. Delete or remove SUN JRE Control Panel file jpicpl32.cpl from
%SystemRoot&\system32 folder, to prevent user from changing the automatic
updates setting of SUN JRE.

For more information about Microsoft Java Virtual Machine Support, please
visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,