Dual Boot NT-XP Pro

From: Honus on the Sound (HonusontheSound_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/12/05

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:25:01 -0800

I seem to be stumped setting up a dual-boot scenario. Yeah, I know, but I
gotta do it. On a drive with NT 4 w/SP6a installed, I have installed XP Pro
on a new partition on the same drive. The install of XP (w/SP2) went just
fine. I could successfully boot either OS 'n all was right with the world.
Somewhere along the line I could no longer boot to NT 4 as it came up with a
BSOD (even in VGA mode). I had activated XP and performed all updades. No
big deal as XP continues to boot 'n run just fine. I just can't get NT to
boot. What gives? Is there a work-around? Do I need to re-do this
installation with a trick 'r two up my sleeve? Help Mr. Wizard!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: boot sector f*ed
    ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...