Re: Issues with Profile Copying.. User stays with all users..

From: Kelly (
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:34:43 -0600

Sounds simple enough.

To make sure that each user receive the generic customization of the My
Documents, My Music, and My Pictures folder, you must delete the
"Owner=Administrator" entry in the [DeleteOnCopy] section. Note that the
Desktop.ini file is marked with the System and Hidden attributes. You must
maintain these attributes. You can use the notepad desktop.ini command at a
command prompt to modify the Desktop.ini file.

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)
Troubleshooting Windows XP
"Edmondo" <> wrote in message
> Hi Rob,
> I am having the same problem. Did you get a solution for this problem? I
> have search the Web and found something which addresses this but the
> article
> was too technical for me to follow. Maybe you can understand it better and
> explain it back to me in lay-man's english. The link to the article is as
> follows:
> I hope this will help you and in return me.
> Regards, Edmondo
> "Rob" wrote:
>> all.
>> i have always built a base build using a dummy user to get the settings
>> that
>> i want all users to have.  i then copy the profile into default and its
>> done.. now with XP and 2003 when i do this every single user on that box
>> gets
>> the dummy users name on the 'My Documents' and such.. IE.. if i build the
>> machine under user Rob.. copy the 'Rob' profile to default every user
>> will
>> have a 'my documents' folder named 'Rob's Documents' .. how do i get rid
>> of
>> that.. i have exhausted all resources...
>> thanks in advance..

  • Re: Cannot Close Archive Folder
    ... Then your profile got corrupted. ... "Rob" wrote in message ... > personal folders files listed in that menu. ... >>> I have deleted an old archive, but when I open outlook ...
  • Re: Domain Group Policies not pushing to the workstation
    ... Rob D. typed: ... I'm trying to resrict users in a domain from using command prompt. ...
  • merge multiple files from text list of file pairs
    ... Rob ... rroach's Profile: ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: profile errors
    ... Rob R. wrote: ... > large profile, and he is working on making it smaller. ... but you must also do My Documents folder redirection for ... > He has a desktop and a laptop, and was logged on to both ...
  • XP pro problem with copying user profiles
    ... I have a user profile lets call it rob. ... local profile on a laptop. ... administrators on the local laptop. ...