Re: error 33: unable to bind

getn2endo_at_aol.com
Date: 12/15/04

Date: 15 Dec 2004 12:02:13 -0800

I don't know if this will help... In this my case, I had ordered a
Dell SX 280, created a master image on it, which I was going to copy
over to the master machine which contains all of my images (it really
doesn't matter whether you are restoring or creating an image: the
issue is that DOS can't recognize the driver on the boot disk while
booting).

I had to go onto the Dell website, enter the service tag number of the
machine, and download a NIC driver that included the DOS driver for the
NIC card (in other words, an NDIS2 driver.. should have a .dos
extension.). After the drivers were extracted, I created a folder and
put the DOS drivers in it. Once that was done, I opened Ghost Boot
Wizard and performed the following operations:

1. Select Create Network Boot Disk

2. Click Add

3. Bullet mark NDIS2 driver > click OK

4. A window called template properties will appear. Click Setup

5. A window appears where I had to browse to the folder which contained
the DOS
drivers. Click OK

6. You will be navigated back to the template properties window, where
the file name and
it's corresponding date will be acknowledged.

7. Click OK

8. You now have the option of re-naming your new driver. Once that's
done, go ahead and
create your boot disks and you're in business.
Hope this helps :)

Lou Orenstein
Tech Support
Miami Country Day School

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Load hid.o module synchronously?
    ... > why I am responding. ... I have a custom Linux boot disk for my project ... So, first, I want to load the driver for the keyboard, if any. ... I want the delay to be as short as ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: driver
    ... reinstall Win 98 by booting with the 98 boot disk. ... You can't take a normal boot disk created from the Format ... To install new win 98 not boot from cd room but the start ... driver not found msc d001 no valid cd room driver selected ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: GHOST 7.5 - Need DOS drivers for Realtek card
    ... boot disk wizard to make a boot disk for some silmilar card, ... Note that you can use ghost to make a bootable floppy, modify it, and then ... the DOS driver I could find from Realtek's web site but none of them ... Fast ethernet card was not found. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: QueryDosDevice for the kernel mode
    ... is coming from a legacy code, ... The driver needs to perform some operations concerning volume C: ... None of these works -- every time ZwOpenSymbolicLinkObject returns ... boot disk, or both. ...
  • Re: eide addin controllers
    ... Both SYBA are RAID capable. ... DOS - DOS Driver ... Novell - Novell Driver ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)