Re: XP Freezes on Preparing Installation

From: RJK (notatospam_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:02:07 +0100

Barring unhappy hardware problems, these you MUST rule out first - I've
worked on three hard disks recently that aquired corruption on them that
would NOT clear by full formatting. In each case, (one was a Maxtor 80gb,
one was a Seagate 80gb, and the other was a Western Digital 40gb), I had to
use the hard disk manufacturers "zero-fill" utility to clear the drive.
After zero-filling / partitioning and formatting all was LOVELY !

regards, Richard