Re: Environment variable for "System PATH"

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:09:25 +0200

Prabh wrote:

> Hello all,
> What's the environment variable for the System PATH on XP.
> When I do "echo %PATH%" from the command window, it prints
> out the User PATH variable and not the System PATH.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Prabh
Hi

The PATH environment variable is a merge of the system path and the
user path, so if you only see the user part, you have a problem.

I suggest you run the FIXPATH program available here:

http://home.comcast.net/~stewartb/cmdprompt.html#6

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: PATH sequence
    ... Add the user path to the system path, right before the path that the odbc driver needs. ... When each user logs on map their H: drive to a unique location, ...
  • Re: Odd problem installing PHP5
    ... system path and not the user path. ... And restart Windows after setting it. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Length limitation of Path Environment Variable?
    ... I found that when we tried to append some path to user path variable to some our workstations. ... the user path variable can append to system path again. ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: certutil to verify the presence of a cert on multiple machines?
    ... system path on the remote systems. ... just redirect the output to a result file. ... If certutil.exe does not exist in system path on the remote servers, ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: certutil to verify the presence of a cert on multiple machines?
    ... system path on the remote systems. ... just redirect the output to a result file. ... If certutil.exe does not exist in system path on the remote servers, ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)