Re: Is it badly written?

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:39:32 -0500

Scan your PC for the presence of viruses and spyware:

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

Perform some routine maintenance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
"Robert" wrote:
| Hiya,
| Can somebody please tell me why my computer is getting
| various little problems. Are they the result of browsing,
| my pals all have similar problems occuring from week to
| week. Is it badly written spy and adware, cos I'm sick to
| the teeth of it, am seriously considering buying a second
| computer that will never be online, and transfering any
| data I need from the 'net' via the online one.  Thank you.
| Fed up user - Robert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Performance
    ... You will also need to download Spyware removal software.. ... MVP - Windows Shell/user ... during this time the disk is being hit constantly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: please help! stuck on blue windows xp logo screen
    ... Remove the disk from your PC. ... Connect it to some other Windows XP PC. ... and on recovery screen pick "system recovery" and doing that will save all ... A piece of spyware replaces the C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe file ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Constant crashing and freezing when using the internet
    ... Download Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition and scan your PC for the presence of spyware: ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ... Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Service Pack 2
    ... Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware: ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Checklist ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: PC infected with Spyware
    ... Symantec Security Check ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ... Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ...