Re: Win XP SP2 Without A Glitch

From: The Prophecy (bdskbksbkjdas_at_njdsnoifds.com)
Date: 08/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:25:28 GMT

MusicPost wrote:
> I hesitiated after all the horror stories, but decided to do the deed
> this evening...turned off Norton Anti-virus, Black Ice Firewall, did
> the install. Then turned off XP's built in firewall (unclear it
> confers any advantage over my tried and true Black Ice), restarted
> Norton...NO PROBLEMS. True, Windows Security Center won't
> acknowledge Norton or Black Ice but they are working correctly.
>
> No other glitches of any kind encountered so far...let's hope for the
> best!
>
> Luck To All!
> MP

Norton needs to have the "WMI Update" installed for the Security Center to
detect the program. It is available via Live Update. Not sure if Black Ice
Firewall needs any specific updates for the Security Center to detect it,
but you should make sure that you have the latest program version of the
firewall.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton Personal Firewall 2004 problem
    ... > With the Norton Personal Firewall engaged, I cannot get any web pages ... it has the anti virus stuff and it has the Security stuff). ... I've tried a few different toggles in the Norton Firewall. ... If the customer is required to know ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Hacker?
    ... Open XP's "Help and Support" and type: FIREWALL, ... I would suggest purchasing Norton Internet Security 2003. ... It | even identifies the computers by name where the logon and | logoffs were made. ...
  • Re: Mcafee or Norton
    ... Mcafee 8 Internet Security Suite 2006 ... It's been a year, or more, since I used Norton AntiVirus. ... I have found McAfee, in the past, to be too intrusive in that it will do background scans of updated files despite that I am using the host plus their enterprise product pushes updates while I am busy. ... As for their firewalls, I found Norton's firewall to give me better control and information. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Mcafee or Norton
    ... Norton Internet Security 2006 ... Mcafee 8 Internet Security Suite 2006 ... I have found McAfee, in the past, to be too intrusive in that it will do ... However, Sygate's Personal Firewall Pro ...