Re: delays

From: Jim Macklin (p51mustang[threeX12)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:13:23 -0500

Reboot. If that doesn't stop the problem, suspect
spyware/keyloggers on your computer or even hackers.

Get your firewall turned on. The XP ICF is better than
nothing but Zone Alarm will log and control both in and
outbound Internet traffic, which may help you stop Trojans
and keyloggers.
Get SpyBot S&D from www.safer-networking.org and also
Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com to find junk. Also,
update your anti-virus and run a full system scan of all
files.

"Hal" <halo387@direcway.com> wrote in message
| I am experiencing intermittent delays in typing and in
| opening various windows. For example I am typing in IM
| or email and it seems I have locked up but everything
| appewars in two to four seconds. The same with card
| games the cards will seem to stop baut them after a
| few seconds they move as commanded.
| Any insight into this problem will be appreciated. Thanks
| Hal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Heating System Called Door to Target for Hackers
    ... Heat System Called Door to Target for Hackers ... SAN FRANCISCO â Investigators say they believe they have ... that a company must automatically pay every card holder, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Problems with SSC
    ... start the card with the dip-switch configured settings. ... typing in#2 should put your apple's prompt ... transfering a disk image of a decent terminal program if you want to ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Credit Card Frauld Per GRC
    ... ]We hear about really serious criminal hackers who get up to stealing ... ]card details and other information theft. ... HOw do they use "re-paid cards and phone booths"? ... ]subpoena one Internet Service Provider costs $5,000. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: Re[2]: Pentesting a WEP-protected wifi network
    ... .wi-fi card Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 BG, ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: internet skipping
    ... Visit Sprint's web site and ensure you have the latest version of their Connection Manager for your card. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ... computer will skip and i will end up typing somewhere else. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)