Re: virus

From: Bruce Chambers (bchambers_at_nospamcableone.net)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:36:56 -0600

Greetings --

    I think that that so-called "IT manager" would be better able to
use his talents flipping burgers at McDonalds.

    This is a very, very old hoax; one of the oldest currently in
circulation. If your antivirus software is current and detects
nothing, you're most likely safe. Do nothing with the named file,
delete the email, and tell whomever sent you the original message to
check their facts before spreading rumors.

Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java Is Not a Virus
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993

Jdbgmgr.exe file Hoax
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

    It's important to remember that almost _any_ email virus warning
is a hoax, designed primarily to bog down email systems by having
well-meaning but uniformed people send out hundreds of otherwise
valueless email warnings. When you receive a warning like this, the
*first* thing you should do is check its veracity at one or more of
the following web sites:

Symantec Security Response - Hoax Page
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

F-Secure Security Information Center - Hoaxes
http://www.f-secure.com/virus-info/hoax/

Trend Micro Hoax Encyclopedia, alerts
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/hoaxes/hoax.asp

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
"Jon_Dear" <Jon_Dear@comcast.com> wrote in message
> A friend of mine called and said his company's IT manager (outside)
informed