Re: Please help with automatic updates

From: MowGreen [MVP] (mowgreen_at_nowandzen.com)
Date: 05/08/04

Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 23:46:29 -0700

Josh,

Open Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to see if KB835732 is
listed.

Go here :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-011.mspx

Under the " General Information " heading click the plus sign next to
Security Update Information, click the plus sign next to
Windows XP (all versions). Scroll down to " File Information " and
compare the versions of callcont.dll, mst120.dll, and nmcom.dll
with the files on your system ( make sure you choose pre-SP1 or with
SP1 to match your installation ). They are located in the Program
Files\NetMeeting folder. Right click the files, choose Properties,
click the Version tab. If these files match, the update is showing in
Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and the registry key matches
(it is given on the above page under "Verifying Update Installation")
then the update is installed and not being detected by the Windows
Update site.

*Hopefully* the update will be refreshed soon.

MowGreen [MVP]
*-343-* Never Forgotten

Josh wrote:

> Hi,
> I have windows xp home edition. Recently, Start 2 weeks
> ago, my automatic update keeps downloading the same
> update (Security updates for windows XP(KB835732)) even
> though i have successfully installed it. Please help...
>
> thx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Faxing
    ... Integration\Windows Small Business Server 2003\Logs'. ... Access Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck ... access Add/Remove Programs to reinstall it. ... installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant reinstall MS Office Home & Student 2007?
    ... I have Terrible with this Error of Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007. ... the name of program is in Add/Remove Programs in Control panel of Windows ... MS Office '07 is still showing up in Control Panel. ... "This product installation has been corrupted. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: automatic update repeatedly asks to install same patch
    ... Open Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to see if KB835732 is ... If these files match, the update is showing ... Installation") then the update is installed and not being detected ...
  • Speakers Arnt Being Reconised
    ... >installation process I didn't have my speakers attached. ... >I assumed this wouldn't be a problem as I knew Windows ... >Also check your volume control in the control panel ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: no volume contol
    ... Go to Control Panel, Multimedia, Audio tab and look in the "Playback" ... you need to reinstall your sound card driver. ... driver...if it is a 3rd party sound card you'll need the installation ... if it is a Windows driver, ...
    (alt.home.repair)