Re: How to uninstall SMARTBAR ??

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (
Date: 04/09/04

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:26:39 -0500

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Be Smart!  Protect your PC!
"DAVID" <> wrote in message:
| i have  run ad-were 6.0 on PC ( Xp pro )  and the
| errors still appear listed below:
|  (1)  Error loading page file
|  (2)  system_Button Missing
|  (3) Skin file cannot be loacate
|  (4) Invalid Skin File:BS_BARMISSING
|  This ( SMARTBAR) is to be on the next version of WIN (
| longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium PC,
| this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of resourses.
| so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me the
| errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
|   they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
| construction. so  i have still the errors messages and
| have tried ad-were.
|  tks  Dave
|  this is not a spywere program..

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NEED help, Cant uninstall Smartbar ??
    ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... | they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under ... | this is not a spywere program.. ...
    ... you can to a repair install but you cannot do it ... Now, if a retail disk doesn't work, you could install XP to a different ... When I rebooted, it told me to hit> any key to start CD ROM boot and then it went back into> the same old screen as I originally described. ... The disc I was using> was the Windows XP disc that came with my Dell but since I> bought it, the hard drive had to be changed and I now have ...
  • Re: Windows XP Wont Load
    ... but Windows did not start ... best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to ... As a practical matter a Repair install of the OS is a relatively ... would strongly suggest that before undertaking this Repair install operation ...
  • Re: Since installing AD, server reboots every 2-3 days
    ... Windows Debugging Tools and take a look. ... what is causing the reboot. ... sense that the Repair install would have fixed the problem. ... Blue screens? ...
    ... something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be forced to start ... actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP ... Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. ... with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation ...