Re: How to uninstall SMARTBAR ??

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (mrxp2004_at_nospamyahoo.com)
Date: 04/09/04

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:26:39 -0500

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Be Smart!  Protect your PC!
"DAVID" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:
 news:1a97801c41e6d$1eddafd0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| i have  run ad-were 6.0 on PC ( Xp pro )  and the
| errors still appear listed below:
|
|  (1)  Error loading page file
|  (2)  system_Button Missing
|  (3) Skin file cannot be loacate
|  (4) Invalid Skin File:BS_BARMISSING
|
|  This ( SMARTBAR) is to be on the next version of WIN (
| longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium PC,
| this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of resourses.
| so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me the
| errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
|   they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
| construction. so  i have still the errors messages and
| have tried ad-were.
|  tks  Dave
|
|  this is not a spywere program..

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NEED help, Cant uninstall Smartbar ??
    ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... | they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under ... | this is not a spywere program.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: WINDOWS XP WONT BOOT
    ... you can to a repair install but you cannot do it ... Now, if a retail disk doesn't work, you could install XP to a different ... When I rebooted, it told me to hit> any key to start CD ROM boot and then it went back into> the same old screen as I originally described. ... The disc I was using> was the Windows XP disc that came with my Dell but since I> bought it, the hard drive had to be changed and I now have ...
  • Re: Windows XP Wont Load
    ... but Windows did not start ... best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to ... As a practical matter a Repair install of the OS is a relatively ... would strongly suggest that before undertaking this Repair install operation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Since installing AD, server reboots every 2-3 days
    ... Windows Debugging Tools and take a look. ... what is causing the reboot. ... sense that the Repair install would have fixed the problem. ... Blue screens? ...
  • Re: WINDOWS XP WONT BOOT
    ... something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be forced to start ... actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP ... Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. ... with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation ...