Re: yahoo games
- From: "Jimmy S." <nosp@xxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:00:44 -0400
Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine.
The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade,
or reinstall the right one for the game site you're playing on.
A. For Zone.com games: Zone.com are converting most of their games for Flash
to avoid the conflicts between the Sun Java system and Microsoft's Virtual Machine.
Install Flash from: http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml
B. Most other game sites still use Java. You can install Java and find more help
tips at this webpage: http://java.com/en/download/help/pogo.jsp
C. If the online game still won't load, or gives you errors, try these steps:
1. Click START / Control Panel / Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab.
2. Below HTTP 1.1 is the Sun Java/ Microsoft VM section: Make sure all Java choices
are unchecked (especially JIT) and then press [OK]. You may be prompted to reboot.
3. If you don't see a Microsoft VM section then download Microsoft Virtual Machine for:
Windows 98 / Me / NT / XP from: http://www.abxair.com/software/msjavx86.exe
4. After you download Java, double-click the file to install it, reboot and then follow
the directions in Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other advanced options.
* Whenever you get a Java Virtual Machine Security Update from Windows Update, you
will have to follow Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other adv. options again.
6. If the problem persists Adjust Your browser settings using this basic example:
7. Try these suggestions for Zone's Java Games:
8. Maybe it's a software conflict: Make certain that your Firewall or Antivirus program is
not configured to block Java Applets. Norton's products for example have that option.
Regardless, temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with Firewall,
Antivirus, AdBlockers, & Internet Accelerators using the method in this article:
or this utility: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php
9. If you have a Coffee Cup icon in your system tray (next to the time) you might have a
conflict between MS VM and Java: Uninstall Java using Control Panel / Remove Programs.
10. Run a MS AntiSpyware Scan: www.microsoft.com/spyware
11. Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java topics relevant to
that site. There is usually an email or a (non Java) help chat available as well. :-)
Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| Can you kindly repost the instructions which sreddy24 followed from earlier
| in this thread. I can not see them !
| Thanks in Advance,
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|| Hi cg,
|| The first step I would suggest to determine the root cause
|| of the issue would be to connect with a LAN cable to the
|| router just as you've connected the 3 other computers.
|| If *none* of the computers including the laptop are working
|| then test by connecting the laptop directly to the cable modem.
|| If either of the above scenarios correct the issue, then we
|| will have determined which device (router or modem) is the
|| root cause of the issue.
|| If none of the above apply, please follow the troubleshooting
|| steps which sreddy24 followed from earlier in this thread.
|| I hope that helps! :-) Take your time - Patience will pay off.
|| Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*
|| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|| Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
|| MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
|| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|| cg Wrote:
||| i am having a problem playing yahoo games and msn games. I get booted all
||| the time from msn and yahoo stalls and foces me to ctrl shft esc to get out
||| of it then it will ask me if i want to send an error report. Any ideas on
||| how to fix this problem? i bought a new laptop and have wireless for the
||| laptop i have 3 other computers that are plugged in and not on wireless. we
||| have cable modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
||| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|||| Hi sreddy24,
|||| Anytime. Glad that helped! :-)
|||| sreddy24 Wrote:
||||| Very good, thanks a lot Jimmy, I was havingproblems playing yahoo games,
||||| and saw ur posting. thanks a lot.
- Re: yahoo games
- From: Jimmy S.
- Re: yahoo games
- Prev by Date: Re: computer lock up while playing games
- Next by Date: Re: Trouble installing the original Sims game
- Previous by thread: Re: yahoo games
- Next by thread: Re: yahoo games/msn games