Re: Creatures2 Game "An Error was detected during startup."...HELP

From: TranquilFlame3420 (TranquilFlame3420_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/29/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:23:01 -0800

Thanks Patti for the suggestion. Only problem is, it didnt work.
I've tried Jimmy's suggestions too, but the game still has the same error:
An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function correctly.
Please restart your machine and try again.
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help!

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi TranquilFlame3420,
>
> See if the information provided at Creatures 2 Knowledgebase helps solve the
> problem:
> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/help_more.php?id=356_0_7_0_M18
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "TranquilFlame3420" <TranquilFlame3420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:79A35E93-CF13-4371-8E58-3C88F25F44C7@microsoft.com...
> > I just installed Creatures2.
> > But when I try to play Creatures2 this message pops up:
> >
> > An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function
> correctly.
> > Please restart your machine and try again.
> >
> > Then if I click the creatures icon again this message pops up:
> >
> > Creatures2 appears to be already running. If this is not the case please
> > restart your machine and try again.
> >
> > Oviously, I've tried restarting my computer many times, and it doesnt
> work.
> >
> > Please HELP!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Problems starting KDE, X
    ... It didnt work, particularly, the virtual teminals stopped working and ... Then I tried to apt-get the old version of xlibs and all the kde stuff. ... This was going smoothly until kdm had to restart, at which point, it ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Problems starting KDE, X
    ... It didnt work, particularly, the virtual teminals stopped working and ... Then I tried to apt-get the old version of xlibs and all the kde stuff. ... This was going smoothly until kdm had to restart, at which point, it ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Drivers
    ... Followed all that through Patti and tried to burn a DVD - R twice and still ... "Patti MacLeod" wrote: ... "rexy" wrote: ... , restart ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)