Video problem

From: Brad in H-Town (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/10/04

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:28:27 -0800

Hello - I have been trying to resolve this problem for
days now by myself. I am hoping that by reaching out I
will get some help.

I have windows XP Professional installed. I recently
updated to SP2. Everything appeared to be fine. I
updated to DirectX 9.0c and then everything fell apart.
Without touching the drivers for my Geforce3 TI500 (old I
know) my display has been trashed. I experience very
heavy artifacts just running windows, at any resolution.
I am NOT talking gaming here - that's not possible at the
moment. The artifacts are worsened when scrolling or
opening and closing apps (new form windows).

I have tried every NVidia driver realeased in the last 18
months. The only thing that works enough for me is to
uninstall all NVidia drivers and just hit cancel at the
new hardware found screen. Obviously this is not ideal
since none of the card's graphics power is being used,
gaming is nto going to happen, and the display is slow.

DirectX 9.0c can not be uninstalled. No NVidia drivers
work. Do I have to return to pre-SP2? I like the
security features but this is killing my video abilities
(= No fun being had and much lost time).

Has anyone else reported problems going to DirectX 9.0c
and SP2?

Please help.

Brad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Video problem
    ... | nvidia drivers and letting the monitor run unrecognized ... | are gone when running windows, openGL, and Direct3D ... | Now I am wondering if it is the AGP bus having problems ... |>updated to DirectX 9.0c and then everything fell apart. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Video problem
    ... Brad, perhaps this information from Via can help you: ... Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC ... > DirectX 9.0c upgrades within the last two weeks. ... >>> uninstall all NVidia drivers and just hit cancel at the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Video problem
    ... Try testing your system with another monitor. ... > updated to DirectX 9.0c and then everything fell apart. ... > heavy artifacts just running windows, ... > uninstall all NVidia drivers and just hit cancel at the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • RE: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....
    ... MS is such BS...you can uninstall ... windows, but not Direct X. Yeah, ok! ... DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls.... ... | I've got hold of a copy of the DirectX 9 SDK beta. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Microsoft is Using Adobe "Flash Media" UPDATES ...
    ... I did do a 'Re-Installation' of Windows 2000 (including Windows ... And I even installed the DirectX 8.1 drivers (w/ the DirectX 8.x ... After running this uninstall program, allow Flash Media 9 to be ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)