Re: How can I fix the blue screen which stop running program?

From: Paul Smith (Paul_at_nospam.demon.co.uk)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:23:04 -0000

"RobinTh" <thairobin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OvrhXCWwEHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> When I use my computer after install XP SP2 by run some program and/or
> play
> a RPG game for a while, my computer will stop with blue screen and msg say
> it stop because some program or hardware maybe harm to my computer and ...
>
> "IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL"
> "STOP: 0X0000000A (0X0000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DC901)"
>
> even therefore I never got this msg and every program run well.
>
> How can I fix this problem of XP SP2?
> I already update windows and have nothing to update anymore from Windows (
> it says like that) I'm so tire with this fussy problem. It going to stop
> me
> to use XP SP2 and get back to the old good day using XP SP1. :'-(

It's most likely being caused by an incompatible driver on your system.
Update your motherboard chipset drivers, video drivers and audio drivers for
starters.

If you post back with what hardware is in your machine we can point you in
the right directions.

--
Paul Smith,
   Yeovil, UK.

  • Re: SP2 Strikes Again? Or something Else?
    ... then SP2... ... download stuff and click links that opened new windows. ... In preparation for doing a clean install make sure you have all the needed drivers on CD. ... Download Windows Service Pack 2 Standalone Version ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Best way to install SP2 ?? which is ??
    ... > installed was SP2, right after XP, then everything else. ... stuck with the default ones found by Windows XP when it installed, ... drivers and used the latest ones. ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Best way to install SP2 ?? which is ??
    ... >> I did a install of it a while ago, over my existing setup, which was ... >> installed was SP2, right after XP, then everything else. ... > stuck with the default ones found by Windows XP when it installed, ... > drivers and used the latest ones. ...
  • Re: Dialog boxes come up really slow since SP2
    ... SINCE SP2. ... so choose - or they could force you to buy new hardware or do without SP2) ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: SP2 issue
    ... > There have been lots of reports on various issues after applying SP2. ... Make sure you update your hardware drivers to the latest drivers from the ... Direct Download of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ...