Re: GPF problems

From: Bryan (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/19/04

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:46:05 -0700

My motherboard is at 91F which is OK but my CPU is at 117F at the Bios Screen, aka its not running a game which will make it even hotter.

     ----- Eric wrote: -----

     If I am reading thiongs right, my motherboard will be ok up to 160F.
     I am regularly around 110-125F.

     On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:46:01 -0700, "Bryan"

>Thx Jimmy, I ran that test in number 3 and found 534 errors one of my DIMMs oy! It was in the LRAND and another section that ended with a 6. Looks like i'll be going to get it replaced tomorrow. Also another problem I have found is that I am overheating alot! At the bios screen my CPU is at 117F! and I know thats bad! So i am going to buy one of those Jet Engine fans that i have heard so many good things about. Thx for your help and I hope that this fixes all my problems!
>> ----- Jimmy S. wrote: -----
>> Hi Bryan,
>> 1. Try only one of those 2 sticks at a time. They might be mismatched.
>> 2. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
> and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
> wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
> http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)
>> 3. Test your RAM using: http://www.memtest86.com/memt30.zip
> after you extract that zip file, click on the README.txt file for the
> instructions on how to create the boot floppy to test your RAM.
> If you don't have a floppy drive use Microsoft's new Ramtest CD: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>>> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>> "Bryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8439FDB-C105-4DFC-9DB9-F7A28C1B4DE9@microsoft.com...
> |I have just overhauled my machine so i could play Final Fantasy XI and Unreal Tournament 2004. But everytime I play the games the
> load for some time and then crash! Sometimes Unreal gives a General Protection Fault error and a big long loop, other times it just
> quits. Final Fantasy just quits. On top of that sometimes when i run IE6.0 it crashes and asks me if I want to send a error report
> and I am expecting it to reload a webpage telling me what went wrong... but it does not. I tried to get some advice other places
> but everyone gives me the generic video\sound\bios ideas. I have updated my bios... no difference... video... no difference...
> sound... no difference... i reduced the hardware acceleration, nothing, replaced the harddrive, nothing. The only thing I have done
> that even effects the amount of time until quit is when i move the memory chips to different positions and\or switch them. This
> leads me to believe that either my motherboard is bad or that the memory is bad. What I am asking is if this makes sense and what
> else could be wrong... Thx in advance!
> |
> | System Specs:
> | Asus P4P800 Deluxe
> | Intel P4 2.8 Extreme (1MB L2 Cache)
> | Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 MP3 + Gamer
> | ATI Radeon 9600 XT (128MB)
> | 2 Sticks of 256MB DDR400
> [...]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GPF problems
    ... If I am reading thiongs right, my motherboard will be ok up to 160F. ... > Hi Bryan, ... Final Fantasy just quits. ... > that even effects the amount of time until quit is when i move the memory chips to different positions and\or switch them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Bios settings for TWINX2048-3200C2 on Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe ?
    ... I bought four of these memory chips: ... Double Data Rate, Supported by motherboard). ... Supported by motherboard doesn't specify how they'll ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Power Supply Cause of Crashes?
    ... >>Interesing about the memory chips. ... > repeated crashes have scrambled something on disk. ... the motherboard and reinsert it - including disk cables and pci cards - ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Windows XP Activation.
    ... Thanks Bob, sooner or later I will have to replace my motherboard, it is ok, ... my Tyan Triniy Motherboard is only 500 mhz, ... come with the new memory chips, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Whos Winning the Console Wars...
    ... A PC that will run games like Crysis at an acceptable rate will cost quite a ... year old motherboard it would be fine. ... you are talking about a PC only game that will be a million ... will upgrade my video card to the current market $200-$300 range card ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)