Booting from USB, Blue screen after the splash screen...

I'm trying to boot XPe for my hand held device using Transcend JF V60 flash of 4 GB. I have prepared it using ufdprep.exe and have copied the built image into it. (Have included the USB Boot 2.0 component and all its dependencies while building).

While I formated the USB stick the command I gave was c:\windows embedded>ufdprep E: (So I dont know what is the default file system being used FAT32 ?)

1.I insert the USB stick into the hand held
2.From the BIOS I instruct to boot from this USB stick
3.I get the splash screen with the windows XP logo and the status bar
4.Soon after this I get a blue screen with PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE status with STOP: 0x00000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

How do I debug this ? Any suggestions on booting from USB ?

Regards
Esha

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ USB BOOT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... boot external sata on usb ... usb boot disk download ... which usb drives will boot dell ...
    (sci.psychology.personality)
  • Re: soundcard SoundBlaster PCI128 or SoundBlaster live1024 problem
    ... > What messages are you getting from boot log and dmesg? ... ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries ... RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 64000K size 1024 blocksize ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v2.2 ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Naming harddisks (Linux)
    ... But I also see that for an USB drive it uses /dev/sdas the ... Does GRUB recognize SCSI drives? ... The first step in understanding the boot process is to ... The bootloader's job is to load the OSs kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: USB key requirement.
    ... I figured that after the root partition is mounted (nfs), ... wondering what good means the usb key in this case. ... continue the boot sequence. ... the key would be checked right after the block device is ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: UPDATE: El Torito Boot CD - USB CD-ROM
    ... There should be nothing preventing you from booting from USB CD-ROM as long ... Basically you have to make sure you included USB 2.0 boot component in your ... I can boot other CDs including Windows PE created CDs from the USB CD ROM ... What is different about running Windows XPE from a USB CDROM as opposed ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)