Re: Fonts in Display Properties tab

Link is working now, thanks!

And.. surprise, surprise. 'FontSubstitute' should be deleted. I always extended it. :) I will try that.

I cannot find anything like 'SysFonts' or 'VGA OEM Fonts' at xpefiles.com. The only font related component seems 'Font Tracker' and i do use it already. I also copied all *.fon files manually from my real xp and registered them manually in registry at runtime.

I'll get back to this once i figured out why devices won't get deactivated properly in device manager and only last for a session.

  • Re: Check on a webpage please
    ... and surprise, surprise even IE 8.0.6001 ... That's only going to work if the viewer has the 'Snowdrift' font installed, and I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that about ... without the snowy font. ... I saw snowy letters, but not falling snowflakes. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Check on a webpage please
    ... and surprise, surprise even IE 8.0.6001 ... That's only going to work if the viewer has the 'Snowdrift' font ... OK, I've just tried with IE6, IE7 and IE8, they all render the same, ... FF is fine although some of the fonts on your test page don't render. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Using SxS COM without .NET
    ... compatibility just to avoid using the Registry, but, ... The tool is useful, but works best with dotNet stuff, and surprise, ... but then I am a just a geezer. ... problem domain. ...
  • Re: State of the Art Fake technology
    ... The seller asked for ...  To my surprise, he accepted my ... but still a nice slim light weight laptop. ... registry shows the real thing. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: missing value...
    ... surprised because the keys are there but the value were ... surprise all and all keys appear but the value not!!! ... What tool used to "look in the registry"? ... But regedit does not. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)