Re: How to permanently disable IEEE 802.1x authentication

Brian,

There is Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies Group Policy Extension.
Take a look at the picture here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb878079.cg070301(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

To get it in your Group Policy Editor you will have to copy the following Dlls from Server 2003's (that does have the WiFi extension
by default) system32 folder to your image's system32 folder:
wlsnp.dll
wlstore.dll
ws03res.dll
And then register the wlsnp.dll (the actual MMC extension snap-in) with regsvr32 at run time.

Supposedly, it should work on XP Pro and XPe but I haven't tried the procedure.

--
=========
Regards,

We have multiple laptops in our environment that are experiencing wireless
network connectivity problems due to the IEEE 802.1x authentication option
being enabled. This option was disabled on our image, but is somehow
becoming enabled on the devices once deployed. This symptom is currently
affecting 20 out of 125 devices. The laptops have an Atheros AR5005G
wireless card installed with the driver version 4.1.2.144

Is there a way to permanently disable the IEEE 802.1x authentication via
Group Policy, or registry configuration, or some other means?

Thanks.

  • Re: How to permanently disable IEEE 802.1x authentication
    ... I don't think SSID option is in wireless group policy settings. ... on the Web I also saw the following trick that basically allows you to disable IEEE Authentication on currently selected ... this configuration require the SSID of the wireless network? ... There is Wireless Network Policies Group Policy Extension. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Group Policy Client Side Extension failures
    ... I only have 2 Client Side Extension failures instead of 4. ... problems with processing some Group Policy Client Side Extensions. ... The Group Policy Client Side Extension Software Installation may have caused ... the Group Policy Service to terminate unexpectedly. ...
  • Re: fpzero-test.fs
    ... What should a standard Forth with an IEEE FPU do? ... In hardware? ... If there was an IEEE FP extension in the standard and both of your ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Group policy performance over the WAN
    ... The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed ... Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension. ... What errors do you have in the client logs? ... causing the group policy to resend and resend and resend. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Client Side Extension failures
    ... Is there perhaps a Group Policy for this? ... The Group Policy Client Side Extension Software Installation may have caused ... the Group Policy Service to terminate unexpectedly. ...