Re: IEXPLORE.EXE is not a valid Win32 application

Hi Matt and thanks for your reply.

Reinstalling the database didn´t help.

This problem actually didn´t occur on every build, but more and more
frequently until I can´t create a single build without this problem.
The "funny" thing is that this seems to be the only affected application in
the build, everything else is OK.
When clicking Internet Explorer on the start menu it returns " (null) is not
a valid Win32 application " and from Explorer returns " IEXPLORE.EXE is not
a valid Win32 application ".
I don´t know if this can be useful information, but I´ve also noticed that
on at least one occassion most folders have changed into e.g. "Docume~1",
but "Program Files" and "Internet Explorer" are intact. However this didn´t
affect IEXPLORE.EXE.

Is it possible that corrupted repositories might cause this error just
occasionally?
Any ideas anybody?
In the mean time I´ll wipe out the DB & repository files once more...

Thanks in advance,
Rob

"Matt Kellner (MS)" <mattkell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi Rob. It appears that your file repository might have become corrupted.
> You might want to try reinstalling your SP2 database and see if that fixes
> the problem. This should not affect your configurations (except to make
> them build correctly).
>
> --
> Matt Kellner (mattkell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> STE, Windows Embedded Group

> rights.
> ===============================
>
> "The Rob" <therob88@[hotmail].com> wrote in message
>> Hi group!
>>
>> I have built a large amount of embedded images but never had this problem
>> before: "IEXPLORE.EXE is not a valid Win32 application"
>> This happens when clicking on the "Internet Explorer" icon, which also
>> doesn´t look correct (the normal IE icon has disappeared).
>>
>> AFAIK, this occurred after adding "Administration Support Tools" and
>> auto-resolving its dependencies.
>> This component was added because we need "services.msc".
>>
>> Using SP2, Winlogon and pretty much the basic things.
>>
>> Any ideas anybody?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Rob

  • Re: Slocate - what is happening?
    ... > Still fantastic but I have a weird problem with slocate that was not ther ... When I go to create the database with updatedb the system ... I suspect that the answer is simpler than reinstalling and wonder ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • RE: closing or minimizing access
    ... Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP ... "Rob" wrote: ... verify the data before it closes and if data is missing, cancel the undo. ... Also, I don't want to prevent the database from closing entirely, I just ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: command object vb2005 ado
    ... Rob ... Also i get error on the last line said he is not a member of a string. ... The database is an access database. ... or maybe the very inactive newsgroup ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: "Make Query by Form"
    ... Van T. Dinh ... "Rob" wrote in message ... > On a database I designed a couple of years ago I had this ... > facility. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Multiple columns
    ... ownership of the database I really need an SQL solution. ... Rob ... >> I have a table with multiple columns Lets call them A B C. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)