Re: *Unable to access configuration for MS personal WebServer'

From: Andy Allred [MS] (andyall_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:04:16 -0800

This is from the "FrontPage Server Extensions" component which isn't
supported and won't work properly and should have been End of Life'd i guess
but instead had it's visibility dropped to 50 to prevent you from
inadvertently adding it. It was not supposed to ship with this client
release, as you know there was no componentized version of Windows Server,
so this component is useless.

Looks like you found it and added it anyways <grin>

Remove that component and the error will go away.

Andy

"Henrik" <hla@telenorconnect.com> wrote in message
> Hi'
>
> When running the First Boot Agent a window pops up saying:
>
> "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server" -> and
> then a OK button.
>
> Where is this configuration (can I see it in the Target Designer/ is it a
> file on the disk) ?.
> -or is i just because I haven't  used the Web Server yet ?.
>

> Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... This is assuming that the PHP script runs ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... web server itself is part of the group. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Reg: Immediate requirement for multiple skills from our direct client.Only phone interview
    ... Visual Studio can preview ASP.NET pages but Dreamweaver ... caught by the server side code behind, but in terms of pure HTML, ... Of course, if you are using IIS as the web server, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • RE: System.Data.SqlClient "Timeout expired" causing ASP.net web applic
    ... There are many values here that can shutdown the aspnet_wp. ... > update tables on a Web Server running SQL Server 2000. ... > formation(DataSet currentBalances): Timeout expired. ...
  • Re: web service architecture question
    ... To assume that we have all the security we will ever need is a bad one. ... ways to breach a server, and the separatin of the web and app server is one ... You can use remoting or web services. ... The web server will be exposed outside the ...
  • RE: System.Data.SqlClient "Timeout expired" causing ASP.net web applic
    ... There are many values here that can shutdown the aspnet_wp. ... > update tables on a Web Server running SQL Server 2000. ... > formation(DataSet currentBalances): Timeout expired. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)